Expat Exchange – FBAR and Jail. What do they have in common? – FBAR, Exapt Tax, FACTA
FBAR and Jail. What do they have in common? By ZM Ishmurzina
Summary: The history of the FBAR goes back to the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and Title 31 of the US Tax Code. However, only recently the IRS has started to enforce the rules and even prosecute individuals.
- Do You Need to File an FBAR Form with the IRS? (jewishpress.com)
- FBAR Penalty may Worsen (getirshelp.com)
- Why Every American Should Care about Bank Record Subpoenas (forbes.com)
- Are You a Tax Criminal? (jewishpress.com)
- FBAR Form TD F 90-22.1 to report foreign financial accounts is due June 30 (dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)