Tag Archives: residency in Florence

Parking and Changed Zones

Some of you might know and some of you might not know but Firenze has changed their parking Zones.  It is not done by Quartiere any more more on this new system stated here.

Controlled parking zone (ZCS)

We found this out the hard way by getting a ticket while parking by our kids school.  We parked in Q4 area because we take our children to school there and live there, but we have been reassigned to ZCS 1 area.  Great if I want to park on all the outskirts of the center city.  This is not practical for us since we use the Q4 area to park for our children.  All is not totally lost if you do have to use the area you are living in you can pay 30 euros and get it added to your parking permit.  But it would have been nice if they told us this.

The territory of the Municipality of Florence – ZTL excluded – was organized in 5 Controlled Parking Zone (Zone a Controllo di Sosta – ZCS) parted  in parking spaces reserved for residents (white lines) for disabled person with specific pass  or specifically  reserved (yellow line) and paid parking (blu lines).

The blue spaces are paying all weekdays from 8.00 to 20.00 except public holidays. The types of stops are indicated by traffic signs on site.

Here is where you can find all the information.  http://www.serviziallastrada.it

Residency in Florence as a non EU citizen

duomoTo apply for residency in Florence as a non EU citizen you must first have your Permesso di Soggiorno.

by Amy Mancino
Once you have your Permesso di Soggiorno you must bring it to the Anagrafe office to have them register it. Bring your original passport(s) and registered contract if you are renting.
There is also the possibility of registering your documents by fax or by mail. The fax is sometimes hard to get through so you may want to send by registered letter that sends you the receipt(A/R). After 2 days you should get a letter that they are processing and usually within 15 days they approve the residency with the right to revoke if they send someone to the house and you are not living there or if there is some problem with your permesso. I strongly suggest the by mail or fax method as its proven to be faster and easier then trying to make an appointment at the anagrafe or waiting in line.